Looking Back

untitled-1
By Jabarria

Well, to being honest with you, I felt like my summer started off bad because of my friend Endia’s death.

It was devastating. I miss my friend every day. I never thought that someone I saw and talked to every day could be taken away from me.

It was sad because she did not die from natural causes. She was killed by another female our own age. It did not even seem like that girl cared about what she did.

It is also messed up because I cannot even wear a shirt to honor her without getting jumped on or shot at because people are so dumb.

I started off the summer eating and sleeping. I hung out with my family, but that was a little frustrating. Lots of people in my family like to drink, even though we have lost family members to alcohol.

I do not understand why they drink from 10 o’clock in the morning until 3 a.m. the next day. Regardless of what they do, they are my family, and I love my family!

I got a job with the school with this program called Green Corps. My job was to learn about the environment. I planted gardens, built a bike and learned about trees.

I hated this job because I had to ride this bike way too far; I always ran out of water, but most of all, my supervisor and boss were very irritating.

I worked every day, and I didn’t get paid enough. I tried to stay, but it was too much. I just couldn’t. I quit, and now, they don’t want to give me my final paycheck. They are so dirty for that.

I went to an all-white party. It was so much fun. There were over 100 people — just dancing, socializing and having a good time.

But out of nowhere, these people just started shooting. I had to run two blocks in my new shoes and white dress. I messed both of them up. I was so mad! The police came and broke up the party.

I get so sick of people messing up a good time with dumb stuff.

One of my favorite things was working on this blog. Ms. Holmes asked me blog about my summer, so I said sure. I had fun coming to this program.

Everybody is so positive, and I enjoy myself most of the time. It made me happy to see that people were reading my articles and commenting on them. It made me feel my voice is important.

1. davon

September 11, 2014 at 5:10 pm

I miss Endia too

2. davon

September 11, 2014 at 5:10 pm

I miss Endia too

3. Lateefah and Dae'Mia

September 11, 2014 at 5:21 pm

your story spoke to me about how there are so many deathes caused by petty things and its sad how people don’t care about the crime in Chicago.- lateefah and dae’mia

4. Lateefah and Dae'Mia

September 11, 2014 at 5:21 pm

5. Brian S

January 30, 2015 at 6:04 pm

Edina’s death must have hit pretty close to home. When a friend of yours dies it must always be a tough time. Even though I am fortunate enough to never have to feel that pain, I imagine that it must be very hard. I am sorry for your loss and I hope that you wont lose another friend to something like a shooting.

6. Ashlynne P

January 30, 2015 at 6:15 pm

It’s unfortunate how you can’t just go to a party and have fun with no worries of shootings breaking out 🙁 I’m sorry about that. Also with walking out on the street wearing a shirt to support your friend, that’s tough and I’m really sorry to hear that and I’m so sorry for your loss.

7. T.K.

February 18, 2015 at 4:42 pm

I am so sorry to hear about your friend Endias death. Keep staying strong!

8. Isabella

February 18, 2015 at 4:48 pm

Im sorry for your loss. Summer is suppose to be exciting and its terrible how people can ruin a fun time in a blink of an eye. Having to leave a party because of people shooting is scary. Your brave to even right about it. I know i would be very terrified. And its terrible how you couldnt even support your friend.

9. Etienne N

February 18, 2015 at 4:57 pm

Your voice is important! From a positive person like you, your blog is definitely important and people will continue to read your stuff

10. Alex H

February 18, 2015 at 11:01 pm

I think that it’s amazing how people like you can move on from things like that, I know that I would have an extremely tough time with that. It’s horrible that things like that have to happen. You show great perseverance and I hope that you continue to find happiness in your life!

11. Cal

February 18, 2015 at 11:28 pm

I’m very sorry to hear the loss of your friend Endia, I can’t imagine what it feels like to lose such a close friend.

12. Spence

February 19, 2015 at 1:29 am

You can teach your family how to turn their backs on drinking, and how to not make the same mistakes as those before them. They will listen to you, you just don’t know it yet.

13. Will F

February 19, 2015 at 12:55 pm

I can’t imagine what it must be like to go to a party and needing to worry about a shooting. Stay strong.