A Good And Bad Summer

bryan-384x500

By Bryan

My summer was OK but bad at the same time. What I mean by that is that I had both good and the bad times over the summer.

The good times were when I knew I was making money by myself, and I didn’t need any help doing it. I worked the whole summer going to school, making videos and writing blog posts.

The other good times I had over the summer was when I was on the block with my loyal brothers, people I’ve known since I was a little baby.

We didn’t really get in trouble; we were in traffic most of the time. Traffic means when you are driving around in a car with more than two people, just driving around.

I did a lot over the summer because the way Chicago is set up, you have to live it up every day because these crazy people don’t know how to just get along with each other.

I went to parties, went to work and visited my old neighborhood. I wrote an article on how my homie got shot and how they should have a community football game so people can get their aggression out on the field rather than with guns. I believe that it should still happen.

The bad times I had over the summer was getting into it with other people because of the fact that they didn’t like the people I hung out with.

I had people mad for no reason. I thought that it was just my looks because of the fact that I looked better than them. I’m not trying to be arrogant or cocky, but that’s how it was. I never meant to have any beef with anybody, but if that’s the way it’s got to be, I’m just going to deal with it.

The other bad part is that when you’re in Chicago, you have to watch your back everywhere you go because you never know when someone wants to act stupid and shoot at you. People act stupid just to show off for other people or to get recognized by others. I just look at them like they are dumb; they have no reason but go kill just to do it.

The last bad part of my summer was arguing with my parents and feeling mistreated by them.

Sometimes I just let the anger build up and then I tell them how I feel because if I flip out on them, it isn’t going to end well with anybody. When I flip out I don’t see who I’m flipping out, I just flip out on anybody that’s around me. Its a side of me that I don’t like to show.

In the end, I’m leaving the summer with money and my pocket and lots of new experiences.

1. Mr. Scott

January 30, 2015 at 6:08 pm

People get mad in high school. That’s just the way it is sometimes. People can be mad from jealousy, envy, or just plain ignorance. Just make sure you continue to do what makes you happy and you’ll be fine and healthy moving forward.

2. Kate D

February 18, 2015 at 8:36 pm

Highschool is a hard time for a lot of people. Some people will do anything to pick a fight or start some kind of drama. No one will ever really know why people feel the need to do that. If you think you have good friends, don’t let others make you feel differently

3. T.K.

February 18, 2015 at 10:34 pm

Hang in there buddy, Things may be rough right now but they will start to get better soon.

4. Alex

February 18, 2015 at 11:12 pm

Getting mad is a weird feeling. At the moment, it seems like everyone else is doing something wrong, but sometimes you can’t do anything to stop it. I think that’s why people do those horrible things like shooting. Keep doing your best to suppress your anger towards other people, you’re doing great. Thanks for sharing your summer.

5. Daria

February 19, 2015 at 12:05 am

Everyone is jealous to different things and people. That shouldn’t make you stop being who you are. But instead just keep living life. Don’t let jealous people or parents get in your way of YOUR life because you only live once.

6. Spence

February 19, 2015 at 1:35 am

I live in Lake Forest, a town in the northern suburbs. It is just so serene that I live in a community with virtually no violence, while you live in the city; a place basically at war with itself. I imagine one day a violence-free utopia, where the world is united as one, and everyone puts aside their differences.

7. Blair M

February 19, 2015 at 3:07 am

It’s sad that people in Chicago will get mad without telling you why! And even worse that people in Chicago will kill people just to kill.

8. Kiefer S.

February 19, 2015 at 3:35 am

Being a teenager is tough, especially in high school when everybody is trying to impress someone else, everyone tries to make something a competition. I am glad to hear that you had some good times during the summer though, I love just driving around with a couple of buddies and listening to good music, there’s nothing better. Rise above the beef that you have with other people and don’t be afraid to be yourself.

9. Reed Thomas

February 19, 2015 at 4:51 am

I think the your football idea is a great idea. Whether the activity is football or whatever it is necessary to let out anger in an appropriate way. People get mad about all sorts of stuff but it is important to move forward and enjoy the good things in your life.

10. Will F

February 19, 2015 at 12:56 pm

That definitely does sound like a summer filled with lots of highs and lows. Remember to focus on the good parts in life, and not worry about the bad.

11. Kevin D

February 19, 2015 at 1:39 pm

People get mad at the smallest things in life. But its good to hear that your summer turned out good in the end with making money and having a good feeling about your experiences over the summer